For the last several weeks we have been monitoring the impact that the relaxed regulations are having on our community. Things seem to be moving in the right direction, but it is still pretty early in our assessment.
We have decided that we will begin the first phase toward getting back to normal by holding one worship service on May 31st at 9:30 am in the IGNITE worship space. We believe that the IGNITE space is better suited for social distancing and easier to sanitize before and after use. Also, with the video projection system there is no need to handle hymnals. The service will be a blended service with both contemporary and traditional elements.
Everyone will be required to wear a facemask that covers the nose and mouth. Remember, this is for everyone’s protection, not just the wearer. We will have hand sanitizer available at the entrance and a few other hand sanitizing stations throughout the worship space. There will be no Sunday School and no nursery. Anyone that falls into one of the vulnerable categories is strongly advised to stay home. We will continue to air the Be the Church television show at 5 pm on KAVU, and post worship on the website and social media.
We will also allow groups of 10 or less to meet in The Crossing. The Crossing will be the only gathering space available for meetings. We will temporarily move plastic chairs into The Crossing as they are more easily sanitized. If you would like to reserve The Crossing, please contact Heather by email email@example.com so that she can put it on the calendar and set the air-conditioner.
We are looking ahead to the second and third phases of opening the facilities. We will be evaluating things week by week and will make an announcement about the next phase by June 3rd. Things we will be evaluating are: Sanctuary worship, Sunday School possibilities, gatherings of groups greater than 10, Sacraments, Dinner Church alternatives, and Children and Youth programs.
If planning to attend the 9:30 am worship service on May 31st
· Doors will open no earlier than 9:20 am
· Upon entering, please take advantage of the hand sanitizing stations.
· Everyone is expected to go directly to their seats. (No gathering)
· There will be chairs arranged 6 feet apart in sets of 2, 3, 4, and 5.
· Do not sit with anyone that is not a member of your household.
· Do not put anyone in an awkward position by asking them to sit with you or if they are okay with you sitting with them.
· There will be no coffee and donuts
· Do not enter the building without a facemask
· The only part of the building that will be accessible is the IGNITE worship space.
· At the conclusion of the service, please exit as directed, and do not gather anywhere inside the building.
God bless you,